About Broadmoor ELL
- We have been providing English Language Learning Classes for over 10 years!
- Our ELL classes share friendship with those who are new in our neighborhood and help newcomers with language development. We believe it is important to share our time, our language, and our church facility because it shows others that God welcomes everyone. We want to be good neighbors!
- We enjoy meeting people and making new friends.
- Many of our leaders are from other places and know that a warm welcome helps you feel comfortable.
- All our teachers are Volunteers who have excellent English. Some are also professional teachers. They all know Canadian Culture. Some are from other countries and speak other languages but make their home in Canada now.
- You might have a different teacher on Tuesdays and Thursdays because some teachers only teach once per week. Having different teachers is a good way to learn from different English speakers.
- Every teacher has a different style, but your student book and class activities will give practice in the four skill areas of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring Terms we use Cambridge Curriculum. We are currently using the Ventures Series.
- Beginners Classes are small (less than 10 students) and the Intermediate / Advanced Classes may have up to 20 students in them.
There is a coffee break each day when you can meet others. Sometimes special events are planned. Many classes will go on field trips and we have some wonderful meals together. We hope you will join us!
Contact Jo-Ann Matiachuk, ELL Coordinator through the church office: email@example.com
Our ELL Office is open Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 am – 12 noon during ELL terms.
ELL times and terms:
- Fall terms - Registration opens for new students the 2nd week of September. Classes begin the 3rd week of September through the first week of December (10 weeks)
- Winter terms - Classes begin the second week of January through early March (8 weeks)
- Spring terms - Classes begin the first week of April through early June (10 weeks)
Limited spaces available – Register Early!
Classes begin at 9:30 through 11:30 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.